Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Naked Truth is Embarrassing!

Hey everyone!

Welcome to one of millions of new blogs out there ready to waste your time with mindless entertainment about someone's life, lack of a life, wanna be life, fictional life and so forth and so on...

I should state that this blog is different...its the naked truth of every blog, right?

And today I am writing almost naked...in just my panties. Actually about to step in the shower after a 4 mile slight jog/walk around my downtown lake in beautiful Austin, TX. I even threw in 70 lunges! Yes! Need to get this butt in shape baby!

So...what's up with the title...well...I am recently divorced and now a single mom. The point is, I have decided to just be bold and talk about my life and my adventures or lack there of...share my wisdom or lack there of...the dating scene or lack there of...and maybe some naked truths...some of which might possibly be fictional just to add excitement to your reading. The irony! I know!

Seriously, I just want to talk about men, dating and sex (or lack there of) and stuff like that. I am sure I will add more robust and meaningful topics as I evolve. Lol!

I think this blog will be quite informative to men and women a like. Being both a researcher left brain type and a creative artist type, you may find my insights interesting- or not. In either case, just enjoy what you can and take with you what serves your life - even if it is just a laugh for the day.

And yes, the naked truth is embarrassing! That is why I choose to remain anonymous at this point...too many people know me and might judge my thoughts, actions, and behaviors in a negative light. And I am also in the field of education so...nuff said!

I think I have just given away too much personal info...if you think you know me...you don't! So move on.

So...yes, I do feel naked writing about my life. I am a private person so this is a big step for me. Now, it is possible no one will ever read this blog and in that case, I have nothing to worry about. However, then what is the purpose of even wasting my time sharing?

And to my friends and family: You will probably be mentioned in some form or fashion so get over it...I won't use your full name unless you upset me and then...well...what can I say...you deserved it! Lol!

I may change names to protect the guilty...or not. Just depends on my mood. And if you think you know these people, you don't! So move on.

Let me share a naked truth for your entertainment. I went hip hop dancing this weekend! I am not a club type and never have been. Now let me set this up. I am not in my 20's or 30's. I am older and a mom for godsake! That aside...I decided to go celebrate a younger friend's b-day at this club that I had never been to. Why not? I deserve to have fun, too! I could not find anyone to go with me...typical of a recently divorced older mom! So I went solo...a big step for me!

This was a huge dance hall with 6 floors of different types of dance themes like 80's, country, hip hop and so forth and so on...I arrive first before my friends and just wandered around texting them where I was and where I should meet them.

I walk into the hip hop room...dear god...there are dance cages and poles and video screens and a long bar you can dance on if you wish! And there were very large women (and skinny pole girls, too) up on these "stages" doing their thang and shaking body parts I didn't know could move! Wow! Have I been in a marriage cave or what! I have not been on the singles scene in over 15 years and I never remember going to clubs like this. I am sure they existed, I was just not one for the club scene as I shared earlier. I was more the geek type spending time doing more wholesome things with my time like studying and reading and researching...I was the academic type...college and grad school.

Anyway, my friends arrive all decked out in their hippety hoppety clothes. I have to say I did think through what I would wear. I couldn't go all clothed like a mommy type...so I wore an off the shoulder black number with dangling strings, some cool nicker jeans with holes in them (on purpose) and some very high heels and fashionably loud jewelry...so I think I fit in with the dance crowd. My friends thought I looked hot so I passed that litmus test. Whew!

Back to the action on the dance floor, on the poles, and in the cages...yep! I was so impressed with these really large women that could move and dance like "professionals" and were so not shy about their bodies. I am not a skinny mini...more like the JLo type with more junk in my trunk than I care to have...however, you could not pay me enough to get up there and show it like these women. Okay, maybe after some "professional" dance classes and 3 sizes smaller - I might think about it with the right guy or some girlfriends...but not this night...no way!

My younger girlfriend was an amazing dancer. She could shake it like no other and she had a body to show off to boot. So more power to her on her b-day! She jumped on that bar and did a serious dance number for her boyfriend...lucky boy he is!

I am not a drinker so let's move on passed the bar scene.

I am standing there with another woman a bit older than me, but very attractive. She was also a friend of my younger friend. I had heard about her, but this was my first time meeting her. She was also divorced with three older children. We were both amazed at how not shy some of these large women were to be dancing like that on these stages. We both agreed we were acting too shy and needed to break out of our self-imposed cages. So we danced.

Here is where my exciting "naked truth is embarrassing" part starts...some guy comes up to me and asks me to dance. I say yes. He's African American. This is important because I have never danced with much less dated someone from this ethnic background. It was a novel experience for me. I have no racial prejudice against black people. My bestest friend in the world and my maid of honor at my wedding is from this ethnic background. I have gone to school with and been friends with and worked with black people for many years....just never danced with one! I know this sounds so unpolitically correct...not sure how else to write this except as the naked and embarrassing truth! So he asked me as we are dancing if I have ever "been" with a "brother" or dated one. I paused and said, "let me think". He laughed and said, "if you have to think, then you probably haven't." So he must have picked up that this was a novel experience for me. In fact the whole hip hop thing was a novel experience for me!

Anyway...this guy could dance! And if I have a good lead, I can dance to0! I pick up quickly ya know. So we just started bumping and grinding (I think that is what it's called - lol!) and getting down on the dance floor. I was having a blast! An embarrassing blast, but it's the naked truth! Then he took me off the dance floor all hot and sweaty and we kept dancing and "stuff" - hard to share the naked truth now without blushing...nothing illegal...just touchy feely...kissing...and so forth and so on.

Yeah, he is all into me...telling me how passionate I am and how he likes the way I move and how hot looking I am and so forth and so on. Of course, it feeds my little puny divorced ego a bit to know that I "still got it" after my ex left me for a gorgeous model!

And I know some of you are thinking..."he's just a player and telling you what you want to hear." I know! I ain't dumb. Naked lies have their place! He could lie to me all night...I was just enjoying the attention. My reasonable self was in control - remember, I don't drink.

As we are messing around, I see my new friend (the older woman) dancing in a cage with this young 20 something! So then I didn't feel so embarrassed anymore. More "cougar" power to her! Lol! And if you don't know what a "cougar" is, it is a woman over 40 who likes/dates younger men/boys. The guy I was dancing with was about my age. No cougar here...at least not yet!

As I am talking with this guy, my closest friend finally shows up. I introduce them and he asks for my number and then has to leave. I give it to him not caring whether he calls or not. He was nice enough, but I know that was just a moment we had and that's probably all.

My girlfriend and I then move to the country dance floor. And within minutes some older guy in a black cowboy hat asks me to dance. I told him that I hoped he was a strong lead because I had not danced country in about 17 years! He was. He had me spinning on the dance floor in no time. (I told you I pick up quickly). He was a nice man but had god awful teeth...some missing! Lord in heaven! But again, I was there to dance and enjoy myself...not pick up a guy.

Went back to the table where my girlfriend was and she was talking to some young boy in his 20's. Now this girlfriend is a cougar. She has no problem catching younger men. She looks young for her age. However, at the moment she is actually in a relationship with a guy who is only a few years younger than her. She was just having a simple conversation with the boy...and he was enjoying leaning over looking down her blouse as she spoke to him in his ear (the music was loud ya know).

Then the lights went on and time for the club to close...2am! I couldn't believe time had passed so quickly. There was cowboy following me around. He gave me his card with his number. (Not sure what I did with it). Said he'd like to take me to dinner and dancing when he is back in town. I'm not so sure about that. His teeth! I have some standards and having teeth is one of them!

That is the naked truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!